Friday, November 2, 2012

Personal Reaction by Abbie Clark

I am very intrigued with this book so far. It seems to be like a  soap opera with all the love, lust, heartbreak and hate that takes place in this Act alone. Obviously Ophelia and Hamlet have a thing going on but they are separated by Ophelia's lack of royal blood. It doesn't seem that Hamlet is too concerned with her at this point because he is still coming to terms with his father's death and the marriage of his mother to his uncle. Some people would find Hamlet to be melodramatic in the ways in which he is acting and such but I find that I can empathize with him. I cannot imagine what I would do if I were in his situation. To arrive  to a place once called home after being away for months and realizing with a heavy heart that everything I had ever known was gone and then to discover  that the  future was plagued with evil as dark as night for I swore revenge on my fathers murderer; my uncle none the less... Hamlet is much more composed than I could ever imagine being if I were in his shoes. When Hamlet swore this revenge, I immediately thought of all the numerous ways in which this story could end. I have never come across the ending to Hamlet, but considering that Shakespeare is the author, I imagine it will end in tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment